The Annual and Capital Major Gifts Officer is a strategic and self-motivated fundraiser committed to establishing and growing productive, long-term relationships with current and new donors, and bringing energy and creativity to the Development department.
Reporting to and partnering with the Director of Development, the Annual and Capital Major Gifts Officer is responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of at least 75 individuals throughout the Bay Area and greater California, to raise support for annual and campaign gifts to Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Responsible for contributing to an annual fundraising goal of ~$1.4M, and a 5-7 year campaign goal of ~$20M, this role will create and implement strategies to effectively cultivate, solicit, steward, and upgrade individual major gift donors at the $10,000 and above level, growing the Major Gifts program in partnership with the Development team, as well as Spirit Rock teachers, board members and program staff.
• In partnership with the Director of Development, responsible for creating all major gift goals, budgets, benchmarks, projections and milestones—contributing to an annual strategic development plan
• Utilize moves management best practices and standard development principles to directly identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual major donors and prospects.
• Learn the particular ways that development at Spirit Rock is unique and incorporate this understanding into all development activities.
• Establish structures and systems to support major gifts at Spirit Rock, including database tracking and reporting, and supportive relationship and communication channels with stakeholders
• Responsible for creating communication strategies and campaign collateral, cultivation activities, major donor event strategies in support of major donor engagement and retention.
• Conduct visits and other high-level interactions with a personal portfolio of approximately 75-100 individuals.
• Engage board, development committee, and other leadership volunteers in various aspects of major gift fundraising.
• Utilize Raiser’s Edge NXT (our database) to identify donors and prospects with the capacity to give $10,000+
• Collaborate with the marketing team to develop creative and impactful content for proposals, reports, correspondence, and campaign appeals when necessary
• Collaborate with Development team members to ensure timely and accurate completion of routine work such as gift acknowledgements, solicitation and cultivation mailings, event invitations, and database coding of gifts
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years Development experience with a proven track record of successfully soliciting gifts in the $10,000 - $100,000 range
• Capital Campaign experience a distinct plus
• Experience using constituent relationship management software and database system, RE NXT preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Dharma/meditation practice preferred, but not required
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Commitment to goal attainment, high degree of initiative, and ability to motivate and engage high-level donors
• Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability, specifically in regard to managing deliverables and meeting deadlines
• Highly organized with excellent time-management, prioritization, and investigative skills
• Superior written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal and motivational skills, with experience writing proposals
• Comfortable initiating new relationships with an aptitude for establishing immediate rapport with donors
• Outgoing and communicative, with ability to initiate relationships and network with a diverse community as well as a good telephone presence
• An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details
• Good listener with strong ability to internalize key messaging and language
• Strong team player with a sense of humor who is positive and supportive of team
• Ability to travel throughout the Bay Area, (occasionally includes nights and weekends).
Your application was submitted successfully.