The Annual Giving Manager develops, implements and manages the execution of a high quality relationship-building, fully integrated, multi-channel Annual Giving program: including but not limited to strategic identification, qualification, cultivation and stewardship activities for annual and monthly donors; solicitation of annual donors via in person, direct mail, email and online; manage external vendors and internal staff who support the fundraising process throughout the year; produce innovative solicitation and stewardship events; strategic management of list segmentation using Raiser’s Edge and ensure high quality record keeping; produce annual giving appeal analysis and reports; operate with a data-driven approach to create and adjust tactics; and generally establish creative ways to engage donors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
• 3-5 years’ development experience.
• Knowledge of annual giving development principles and practices.
• Experience tracking, reconciling, and analyzing results.
• Committed to a donor-centric and relationship-building approach to fundraising.
• Fundraising database experience required; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, very outgoing and friendly.
• Attention to detail and quality.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to take responsibility for and follow through on projects assigned in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
• Big-picture oriented.
• Strong computer skills and experience, including MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raisers Edge (fundraising software/database).
• Ability to maintain a professional attitude in stressful times and safeguard confidential information.
• Commitment to the mission and values of Spirit Rock.
For all Spirit Rock positions:
Spirit Rock Meditation Center is a spiritual practice center devoted to the teaching of Insight Meditation in the Buddhist tradition. We strive to create a work environment that reflects the Buddha’s teachings with a special emphasis on seeing our work as an essential aspect of our spiritual practice. As such, we seek employees who have a sincere interest in and commitment to the exploration of bringing the practice of mindfulness to bear on all activities of daily life.
The following qualities and abilities are expected of all employees at Spirit Rock:
• Ability to work well with people of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
• The ability to work collaboratively.
Flexibility and the ability to compromise.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Active listening skills.
• The ability and willingness to express appreciation to others.
• Openness to constructive feedback.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, or take direction and the judgment to know when each is appropriate.
• The ability to delegate both responsibility and authority appropriately.
• Efficient time management skills including the ability to prioritize effectively.
• The ability to differentiate between one’s role in achieving Spirit Rock’s goals as defined by one’s specific job description vs. one’s own personal objectives and spiritual growth.
• Physical: Occasionally required to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 30 pounds. Frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Excellent typing and computer skills are required (word processing and data entry). Must be able to sit, walk or stand for extended periods.
• Sensory: Frequently required to read and write documents, financial reports and plans. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with residents and staff, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and understand and be understood using the English language.
• Cognitive: Frequently required to concentrate in considerable detail with occasional interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function through to completion. Frequently required to understand and relate to specific ideas, several at a time. Must be able to remember multiple tasks and assignments given to self and others over a period of days and months. Must be able to shift priority and move from one task to another with ease, including the ability to multi-task.
• Equipment: Ability to drive a car. Occasionally required to drive to work functions at other locations or make pick-ups and deliveries. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Frequently required to use equipment such as copiers, telephone, and fax machines.
Your application was submitted successfully.