Spirit Rock offers a variety of programs and experiences from single-day to multiple-day programs; which can be either online or on land (residential retreats). The Registrar provides exceptional customer service to participants before, during, and after registration. The Registrar is responsible for full-cycle registration processing including opening the retreat for registration, obtaining the customer’s retreat registration details, managing occupancy rates, answering customer inquiries, solving customer registration problems (tech or otherwise), handling registration fees & refunds and managing & processing scholarship allocations.
- Communicate with participants both by phone and email.
- Responsible for creating registration pages for online registration via our registration system – Retreat Booking Guru (RBG).
- Monitor daily registrations in RBG.
- Register customers for programs manually when needed.
- Monitor/manage waitlists for programs that are at full capacity.
- Collect and process payments; and process cancellations/refunds.
- Generate and manage program communications through RBG.
- Manage and track scholarship allocations for all programs.
- Prepare reports for various Spirit Rock departments.
- Communicate program registration logistics with coordinating teachers.
- Act as liaison between teacher and participants to manage pre and post-program questions or concerns.
- Train and supervise Registration Department temporary help and volunteers as needed.
- Document and /or update registration procedures and manuals as necessary.
- Ensure that all program registration files are accurate and up to date.
- Attend Team, Department, and All-Staff meetings when needed.
- Should have intermediate-level Zoom capabilities including settings adjustments, scheduling/joining meetings, for interacting with Team and other staff remotely, as well as assisting participants with any difficulties.
- Strong customer service orientation with 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Excellent phone manner and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Mature sensitivity in working with a wide variety of people required
- Experience with registration systems, preferably Retreat Booking Guru, or similar.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with data entry especially while juggling multiple tasks.
- Well-organized and able to track and follow through on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven non-profit environment.
- Open to working a non-traditional five-day workweek of 20 hours; with monthly (2-4x) management of evening programs.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience in collaborative software including Asana, Slack, and Google Suite is strongly preferred.
- Background and/or interest in mindfulness meditation and Buddhist dharma teachings.
- Understanding of Spirit Rock’s values for respectful and attentive service when working with staff, practitioners and teachers.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility principles and practices. DEIA training is a plus.