The Custodial Caretaker supports the ongoing operations of Spirit Rock events, classes, and retreats. This position performs housekeeping, custodial and light duty maintenance throughout the campus to help provide an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for staff, teachers and practitioners.
- Fully participates in preparing all campus facilities for the opening of the onsite retreats.
- Cleans assigned facilities (e.g. dormitories, meditation halls, administrative areas, restrooms, kitchen and dining hall etc.).
- Deep cleans kitchen on a regular basis.
- Inspects campus facilities to help ensure that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition and helps to identify necessary repairs.
- Uses and maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. a variety of cleaning solutions, paper products, equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Maintains inventory of all necessary supplies
- Delivers various items (e.g. linens, supplies, furniture, etc.) to the appropriate parties.
- Helps to secure the facilities and grounds to minimize property damage, equipment loss and potential liability to organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three years' experience in a similar position(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment used for custodial care
- Work with minimum direct supervision and operate effectively on a team
- Proficiency with computers and related software and technology including WindowsOS/MS Office/Outlook/Google Docs
- Interest in mindfulness and meditation a plus.
- Ability to work outdoors with exposure to seasonal weather conditions
- Ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods including walking up and down stairs, ladders and hillsides
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 40 pounds
- Ability to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly on a telephone and walkie-talkie
- This position will be exposed to chemical substances that are typical for maintenance, janitorial and landscaping work.
- Must be able to regularly speak and write in English
- Specific vision abilities required are close vision, middle distance vision and color vision