Summary of Job:
The Facilities Maintenance Worker supports the ongoing operations of Spirit Rock events, classes, and retreats. This position performs seasonal maintenance to facilities and assists with land care projects as directed. The person in this role will help Spirit Rock ready our campus for guests following an 18-month closure due to COVID-19. This is a Short Term (June through August) role.
- Facilities Operations:
- Complete maintenance and janitorial projects as directed
- Maintain campus cleanliness and perform custodial duties as required
- Help to maintain natural environments including landscaping
- Maintain the cleanliness of outdoor areas on the campus
- This work week is 37.5 hours but this position may be required to work outside of the regular work week and will be required to work overtime on occasion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One year or less experience in this same area
- An ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Work with minimum direct supervision and operate effectively on a team
- Proficiency with computers and related software and technology including WindowsOS/MS Office/Outlook/Google Docs
- Ability to work outdoors much of the time with exposure to seasonal weather conditions
- Ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods including walking up and down stairs, ladders and hillsides
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly on a telephone and walkie-talkie
- This position will be exposed to chemical substances that are typical for maintenance, janitorial and landscaping work.
- Must be able to regularly speak and write in English
- Specific vision abilities required are close vision, middle distance vision and color vision